How to Make Twitter Ads: Guide 2019, Now Twitter Ads continues to be overshadowed by new, more trendy marketing/marketing channels like Snapchat and Instagram. With all the more popular forms of marketing, this Twitter Ads may seem like an advertising channel that has long lost its selling value. But that is not really true.
Many brands/brands still see more value than Twitter Ads. In addition, this social media network has 328 million active users each month, and more than 67% of these users tend to buy/convert from brands they follow on their Twitter timeline.
So, you should not think Twitter Ads are worthless. If you as a businessman, especially those engaged in digital marketing, have run ad campaigns through Twitter a few years ago and then gave up because the results were not very good. Now it might be a good time to reconsider. Or at least, you can try making a small campaign via Twitter Ads.
What is Twitter Ads?
Twitter Ads is an advertising service provided by Twitter so that you can display your product/service campaign on the user’s Twitter homepage. The goal is certainly to increase sales of your product/service or business income.
How to Make Ads on Twitter?
The technical step to creating an ad with Twitter Ads is only on the Twitter Ads page. Next, try clicking “Get Started” and follow the guide from Twitter. You can even choose Indonesian language preferences so that you can follow the guidelines more easily because you use a more familiar language. How do you change the language preferences? Just click “Language” on the right side of the top corner and change “English” to “Hindi”.
Broadly speaking, we can simplify the steps to make ads via Twitter Ads like this!
Compile your Campaign Overview
Here are the things that need to be considered in making your first campaign:
- Name your campaign
- Enter the domain name of the website that you will use for the campaign
- Choose what time and date is right to campaign for your ad
- Choose which category describes your ad
When preparing a campaign with Twitter Ads, you can make the target audience or audience based on the following:
- Device, Platform, Provider
- Keyword (keyword)
- Twitter account characters are followed
- TV market
- Event or event
You can also create Tailored Audience and re-market to your previous website visitors.
This keyword-based Twitter targeting is actually working with Google AdWords – so you can choose to be able to target broad match, phrase match, or negative match keywords.
To keep abreast of the development of audience remarketing from Google and Facebook Custom Audience (Facebook-specific viewers), Twitter has added Tailored Audiences options (targeted audience targeting).
This allows you as an advertiser to reach existing customers or previous website visitors and send advertisements that are very relevant to them.
Set a Budget-Based Campaign
In this campaign setup phase, you can choose the maximum daily budget for your campaign and how much the budget is. You try to adjust to the ability of the material and consider fairly mature.
When you click the “Advanced Option” link, you can choose between automatic or manual bidding options.
You can also set the maximum bid that you are willing to pay for the targeted event, for example for a click to the website. Also read here: How To Share Automatic Blog Post Into Facebook Google plus And Twitter
There are other options you can also make: types of regular or accelerated ad serving. Note that an accelerated tempo can cause you to pay more for the results you want or expect.
Creating a Campaign with Creative
There are 3 types of Twitter Ads that you can create. Here are the three!
- Promoted Tweets (Promoted Tweets)
When using promoted tweets and not Twitter cards, you can first collect likes and organic shares. Then you can promote your tweet. This way, your promoted tweets can have additional social evidence when published as paid tweets.
- Promoted Twitter Account (Promoted Account)
To generate a Twitter Promoted Account campaign, select the “Follower” campaign destination. When preparing this promoted Account campaign, you will not be able to add the URL to your ad. So what does that mean, what is the purpose? This type of Twitter Ads is actually a matter of getting new followers, so your ad will not be directed to your website.
- Video Ads / Videos (Video Ads)
According to data by Twitter in 2015, the majority of Twitter users by 82% watch video content on Twitter and 90% of them watch it on their mobile/mobile devices. So, there are important rules for you to know about making Video Ads on Twitter, which is when you make sure that your video is optimized for mobile display. To prepare a Video Ads campaign via Twitter Ads, select the “Promoted Video” campaign target. We will explain the Twitter Video Ad Specifications below. MP4 or MOV File Type. The turnaround time is maximum for 2 minutes and 20 seconds. The file size is suggested to be 1GB in size. Video Codec, H264.
- Make a campaign that attracts Twitter users. When creating a Twitter advertising campaign, you must make all of your ads look very interesting and inviting so that your brand fans want to share and engage in your campaign.
- Make content with high-quality visual aspects. Use this type of GIF image or other visual forms that are easy to remember in creating Twitter ads, so that your campaign deserves to be shared by people.
- Use contrasting colors that attract the focus of the user’s vision. A study conducted by UsabilityTools shows that the call to action with a very contrasting display has the potential to have a clickthrough rate of 75% higher than that of CTA with low contrast. The same rules apply also to the image of your ad.
- Make your ad feel pleasant to the audience. Try the example of Coca-Cola that chooses to use ads that are interesting compared to the content of messages that are too full of sales.
- Combine organic and paid reach. You can start by sharing a few Twitter posts organically. Because some posts are proven to get more engagement than others, use this for paid promotions.
By reading the guide to creating Twitter Ads, you can prepare your campaign immediately so that your product/service marketing can be maximized through marketing. Thank you for reading this article.