15 Surprising Facts About Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook Boss, Who doesn’t know Mark Zuckerberg? The popularity of this man from New York has long skyrocketed. Not only known as CEO and founder of the giant Facebook site, but Zuckerberg is also included in the ranks of the richest people in the world.
The most amazing thing about Zuckerberg is that he managed to achieve success at a relatively young age.
Well, for those of you who are curious about this Facebook CEO figure, here are 15 surprising facts about Mark Zuckerberg.
- 1 1. His parents are a psychiatrist and dentist
- 2 2. Learning Programming Since junior high school
- 3 3. Ever Make a Short Message Application “Zucnet” While Still in Middle School
- 4 4. Have a ‘Facemash’ site, but failed because it was considered violating privacy
- 5 5. Mark Zuckerberg Blind Red and Green
- 6 6. Launching Facebook in the Dormitory Room
- 7 7. Reckless Exiting Harvard For the sake of Realizing His Dream
- 8 8. Zuckerberg’s Golden Age Begins Since 2006
- 9 9. His Life Story Ever Made ‘The Social Network’
- 10 10. Meeting the first wife when queuing in front of the toilet
- 11 11. Experiencing Falling and Occurring Several Times Legal Cases
- 12 12. Doing New Challenges Every Year
- 13 13. Implementing a portion of the energy
- 14 14. Almost recruited by Microsoft
- 15 15. Although Kaya Raya, Zuckerberg prefers Simple Looks
- 16 Cover
1. His parents are a psychiatrist and dentist
Born in White Plains, New York in 1984, Mark Elliot Zuckerberg was raised by a married couple namely Karen and Edward Zuckerberg.
Mrs. Zuckeberg, Karen is a psychiatrist. While his father, Edward worked as a dentist. Zuckerberg also has 3 female siblings, namely Randi, Donna, and Arielle.
2. Learning Programming Since junior high school
Zuckerberg’s talent in the world of programming was not just obtained in a short time. Apparently, his father had taught Zuckerberg about the ins and outs of the IT world since he was young. Precisely when he was in junior high school.
Zuckerberg also had a chance to take a course at Mercy College and had a private teacher named David Newman who was also a software developer.
Seeing Zuckerberg’s extraordinary talent, David gave Zuckerberg the label ‘magic student’.
3. Ever Make a Short Message Application “Zucnet” While Still in Middle School
Believe it or not, at a relatively young age (12 years), Mark Zuckerberg has managed to make a simple application. That is a short severance application called Zucknet.
This application he made only for the family and the surrounding community. The father, Edward Zuckerberg, who is a dentist, claimed to be helped by the Zucknet application because it can make it easier for him to contact his patients.
4. Have a ‘Facemash’ site, but failed because it was considered violating privacy
Surprising facts about the next Mark Zuckerberg, he turned out to have created a site called Facemash before creating Facebook. That site he made while still studying at Havard.
So this Zuckerberg, he hacked student data at Havard to be included on the Facemask site. On the site, Zuckerberg displays photos of his friends and asks visitors to determine which is the most ‘hot’.
At first, Facemask did manage to steal the attention of Havard students. Within a few hours, visitors have reached hundreds. But this has an impact on the paralysis of the internet network there.
The campus who knew it immediately tried Zuckerberg because it was considered to have violated privacy and security, and caused noise.
5. Mark Zuckerberg Blind Red and Green
Everyone must have a shortage, including Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. Who would have thought, it turned out that Zuckerberg was red and green blind.
He claimed to be the easiest to recognize blue. That’s why Zuckerberg decided to make Facebook with a blue theme.
6. Launching Facebook in the Dormitory Room
If you think that Facebook is launched from a giant company, you’re wrong. When first launching Facebook, Zuckerberg was in a dormitory on his campus.
He was assisted by his friends Chris Hughes, Eduardo Saverin, and Dustin Moskovitz released the social media network ‘The Facebook’ only in the room.
7. Reckless Exiting Harvard For the sake of Realizing His Dream
Mark Zuckerberg is indeed a Harvard student. But he is not a Havard graduate. In fact, Zuckerberg decided to leave the prestigious campus to pursue his dream.
So, initially, Facebook users were limited to students at Harvard. Zuckerberg felt that this was not enough, so he tried to expand his network to other schools.
Of course, Zuckerberg can’t just remain on his campus. He also made a desperate decision by choosing to leave Harvard to develop Facebook.
Luckily, Zuckerberg’s attitude was not in vain. When he moved to California, Zuckerberg met an investor who wanted to help with the project.
8. Zuckerberg’s Golden Age Begins Since 2006
After leaving Harvard, the development of the Zuckerberg project was even more brilliant. Facebook, which originally only captured campuses, gradually began to expand to schools and offices.
In 2006, Zuckerberg changed the Facebook domain name to Facebook. He also expanded the Facebook network on an international scale, so that the general public can access Facebook through email registration.
Seeing Facebook’s increasingly shining success, Microsoft CEO decided to buy Facebook shares by 1.6%.
Several other giant companies, such as Yahoo and Google, also intend to buy Facebook. But Zuckerberg did not approve of that. He explained that there was no desire to sell Facebook.
9. His Life Story Ever Made ‘The Social Network’
Being a billionaire at the age of 23 is certainly an amazing achievement! That’s why many people are amazed by the figure of Zuckerberg.
Even unmitigated, his life story was stated in a film entitled ‘The Social Network’ in 2010.
As predicted, the film directed by David Fincher successfully won the box office in his time. In addition, it also won 4 Gloden Globes awards in 2011.
Unfortunately, Zuckerberg himself admitted that he was somewhat disappointed with the contents of the film. According to him, there are some parts that do not match the original life story.
10. Meeting the first wife when queuing in front of the toilet
Who would have thought, Zuckerberg’s love story with his wife, Pricilla Cha, began from the front of the to let.
So, when there was a campus party in 2003, Zuckerberg who was about to queue to the toilet met Priscilla accidentally. Priscilla herself is not a Harvard student. He is only visiting his friend.
Since then, Zuckerberg began to approach Priscilla and they dated for 8 years. In 2012 they decided to get married.
11. Experiencing Falling and Occurring Several Times Legal Cases
Even though Zuckerberg’s life seemed so perfect, the fact was that he had also experienced ups and downs. Zuckerberg was dragged several times in legal cases. Starting from being accused of intellectual theft, blasphemy, to disputes related to employment contracts.
12. Doing New Challenges Every Year
Next, a surprising fact about Mark Zuckerberg, he always carries out new challenges every year with the aim of making his life more useful and advanced.
Examples are as follows:
- In 2009, Zuckerberg challenged himself to work every day, 7 days nonstop!
- In 2010, Zuckerberg focused on learning Mandarin, because his wife was also of Chinese descent
- In 2011, Zuckerberg became a vegetarian. He will only eat animal foods that he killed himself
- In 2012, Zuckerberg created a new code every day related to its work in programming
- In 2013, Zuckerberg decided to write, at least one note of ‘thank you’ every day.
13. Implementing a portion of the energy
Not only handsome, rich, and popular, Mark Zuckerberg turned out to also have a good heart. In 2010, he along with Warren Buffet and Bill Gates signed The Giving Pledge, which is a letter of agreement for charity.
He promised to contribute at least half of his wealth to be distributed to people in need. In 2014, Sherly Sandberg, who served as COO (Chief Operating Officer) on Facebook, also visited the agreement.
14. Almost recruited by Microsoft
When in high school, Zuckerberg once made an MP3 player application called ‘Synapse Media Player’ which functions like Spotify. Apparently, the owner of Microsoft was interested in Zuckerberg’s work and tried to recruit him as a member of his company.
But instead of accepting the offer, Zuckerberg and his partner – Adam D’Angelo preferred to patent the application. Then continuing education in college.
15. Although Kaya Raya, Zuckerberg prefers Simple Looks
Surprising facts about the last Mark Zuckerberg, he’s not too interested in fashion!
Yes, even though his wealth is abundant, that fact doesn’t make Zuckerberg want to look fancy like a celebrity on television. He claimed to prefer simple outfits, such as wearing shirts, jeans, and skate shoes.
Even when meeting President Jokowi too, Zuckerberg also wore a gray T-shirt.
Reportedly, Zuckerberg’s gray shirt that he often uses is a special design of an Italian designer named Brunello Cucinelli, at a price of around Rp. 5 million.
Those are some surprising facts about Mark Zuckerberg. Apparently quite interesting huh? And even more horrendous, the Facebook CEO is one of Taylor Swift’s fans, you know!
By the way, hopefully, this review can inspire and benefit all readers. Send regards to success! Thank you for reading this article.